728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

HABARI TANZANIA. Powered by Blogger.

Ads (728x90)

Top Menu

Menu

online

Blog Archive

Archive

ABOUT US

Most Popular

Sunday 16 October 2016

BODABODA RIDER RESCUED A TEENAGER

One David Julius (18), in Sumbawanga Municipality, Rukwa Region who was escaping from enraged villagers allegedly chasing him to cut off his tongue with a razor blade.

David who has been admitted to ward 3 at Rukwa Regional Referral Hospital here in Sumbawanga for treatment told the ‘Sunday News’ of his ordeal at his bed-side.

Narrating the would-have been ghastly incident , David who was talking with difficult, said that it was at 9:00 pm on Wednesday, while he was returning home at Kanyau area, Old Sumbawanga from Kankwale Village in the municipality, when suddenly four people sprung on him and covered his face with a cloth.

“The four assailants held tight my arms and ordered me to follow them, warning me that if I attempted to raise alarm they would not hesitate to kill me … We walked along distance about two kilometres.

I later on came to know that they had taken me to an area close to a Chinese Camp at Old Sumbawanga,” he added. According to him, after they arrived near the Chinise Camp along the Sumbawanga – Mpanda Highway, they held him tight and one of the assailants opened by force his (David) mouth by squeezing his jaws while the other assailant armed with razor blade went for the root of his tongue.

“While the assailants started cutting off my tongue, I felt severe pain and screamed hysterically. It was at that moment, that a ‘bodaboda’ rider flushed powerful light on us and shouted … ‘What are you doing there?’

The four assailants took to their heels and vanished into the darkness. “I really thank the ‘bodaboda’ rider…Of course they did not rob me of anything. They said they wanted only my tongue …,” he said. He added that the bodaboda rider took him to a place next to his aunt’s house at Old Sumbawanga.

The Rukwa Police Commander, (RPC), Mr George Kyando said that no arrests had so far been made. He added that the police had mounted man hunt for the fugitive suspects.


  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: BODABODA RIDER RESCUED A TEENAGER Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: hashimrashidy
Scroll to Top